Nov 25, 2007

To see is to believe

I have been having fun uploading fun videos from youtube.com. Adding video clip in contents helps a lot understanding the concepts and make it simple as well when there is a perfect video. To see is to believe. Sometimes one video is much better than long long mundane texts/words. And many times the videos from youtube Moreover, it takes less time, but much more effective. The most popular UGC site youtube shows that well. It is much simpler and more effective. Just Easy.

I could understand that a author of Death to User Generated Contents say that the term UGC is not new and horrible. That author says "So what's user-generated content? Junkies robotically filling boxes with packing peanuts. Lovely." 

But I disagree with the author because most of the creator of the video are not junkie. For example, I have a friend who can edit video and I saw her making friend's birthday celebration video as a present.  That video is very unique present and very special. She is not a junkie. Not even her, I know many people who likes youtube and upload fun videos. They are just normal college kids.  

Also, I found video resumes on youtube.  (Here is the one I found interesting because he tried to show his every abilities with the news format) It entertains the audiences and even proves that what a candidate can do.  So, UGC is not just a jucki's robotically filling boxes with packing peanuts.  It means something and it has intentions.

For example, the article Photos: YouTubers spoof and mock tech brands shows clearly that what the creators try to demonstrate in the video. I really enjoyed every video clips and I already saw the many different youtube version of Mac vs. PC.  And the video I found while searching them again, I found the one I liked most. "Computer Sucks" featured with South Park. This video kicks both Mac and PC's ass. I really liked because this is soooo true.
See? UGC is so great to convey the idea simply and instantly.


4 comments:

Map Finder said...

I like your videos and links. You've written a nice and comprehensive post here. I'm glad that your friend is not a junkie...

Jeff

Sir William McDoogavich said...

first off, i too am glad that you aren't a junkie. that makes me happy.

second, i agree with you regarding ugc. there are people posting quality content on the internet; good enough for them to get noticed professionally. like i mention in my post, people can post information/content online and it be of such high caliber that they get recognized by a large corporation (NBC, APPLE) and get a job.

not everybody is a 'junkie,' but too many of the posters out there are.

Jill said...

in agreement with the other 2 comments above, I like how you add videos to your blog entries. They definitely add value to your post.

With that being said, I think that videos are a great way to understand situations..."a picture is worth a thousand words." Nowadays, we always talk about and take into account whether or not people are visual learners. For those people who don't like reading or sifting through articles, these videos can be so helpful!

ErinB8185 said...

haha you're right allie!! that was great! i love the mac v pc spoofs. esp the ones that make fun of both.